Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Learning from the Best


Here is one of my daily devos that I thought you guys and gals might enjoy! 
Matthew 9:9-26
  • Vs. 9-13  When Jesus calls Matthew to follow Him, he goes without hesitation and even invites Jesus to dine with him later for dinner that night. He didn't know who he was other than Jesus was calling him to follow. What faith is that to have some random dude walk up to you and tell you to follow him and you do it?! That's so mind boggling to me. I'm sure if I would be able to do the same today, and yet I kind of have been called by a man that I really and truly don't know. But He has called me to follow Him and I will with all my hear and soul.
  • V12 Jesus always seems to hear what the Pharies have to say even when they aren't talking to Him. Jesus doesn't want the people who think they have it all together and the people who are already His. He came to gather the people who think they don't stand a chance and whom the world has told they aren't worth their time.
  • Vs.14-17 pretty straightforward and obvious
  • Vs. 18-26 The kicker. I love verse 18 so much. The more I read it and think about it the more I fall in love with it. The ruler here has so much faith in Jesus that he goes up to Him and says that if He will just go, his daughter will be healed. The ruler expects it. He knows that Jesus has the authority to do anything, all he had to do was have the faith in that statement. And it’s the very same with us. We just have to believe and expect in Jesus, that He will fulfill what we ask of Him. This man is different from the other people who have come to Jesus asking and saying "Lord if you are willing;" this ruler came telling, not asking. His faith is so bold and real that he demands it almost of Jesus. I wish I had faith like the ruler.
  •  Vs. 20 How foolish those flute players must have felt after they say the little girl awake.
  •  I wonder what it would have been like to be one of those people  that were healed or touched by Jesus or even brought back to life? How much their lives would have changed from Him is unimaginable. And yet, I am one of those people. No, I haven't seen Him in person, but I have seen His hand in my life and I have known that he is, was and always will be right beside me. My life has been changed by Him. I am just like that little girl. I was dead/"sleeping" before He came into my life, and now I am live and awake in Him. He has given me a new life and a new chance at being His daughter. Thank you God for waking me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment